Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mental Covers: Ultra-Heidi. Also, the history of Heidi.


Dating a crime fighter can really strain tour relationship, so what better way to make yourself a bigger part of your partners life than becoming their teammate with the use of a super suit?
I dunno, but just make sure you find a super suit that isn't EVIL!

This is Heidi's first appearance on the blog I think. Originally my ideas for Mental had him usually by himself, but I eventually added in Heidi as a love interest, and now the concept might as well be Mental and Heidi. She has quite a history actually. Originally me and random_fan planned on creating a TV show entitled, 'Hyper-Force' which starred usm, two friends (and his brother) as a monster fighting team in the city of Parasail. It was horrible. I think that it could be retooled into a good show, but what we had planned just wasn't very good. Especially since I was the only one getting development, and even then it wasn't GOOD development. One characteristic is that my character had an animated girlfriend who most people thought was imaginary until her first appearance. Originally this was going to be and aged version of Alice from Alice in Wonderland (Disney) but soon I realised how stupid that was and how they'd never let us do that. So, I replaced her with Heidi, who was also animated and was inspired by some fanart of Yumi from Code Lyoko.

A personal thing I've developed is to try and balance things out. If I write a short film or something that features me being awesome or doing something that will obviously be fun, I try to even it out by doing something negative. For example, in my idea for the short film The Sick Room, I play a psychotic homicidal ghost who performs kick-ass villain songs. He also is a nurse who wears a dress throughout the whole thing.
Here, though Heidi is pretty attractive and nice, she also has a huge eating disorder which makes her eat a lot. This is also a role flip for gluttonous male characters like Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin.

Anyway, I eventually thought that Heidi could be the default love interest for any character based upon myself. This hasn't come up that much, since that included Mental and really I've been focussing on him for a while.

I have another jab at the hungry man characters named Mia, whose an ogress and is thus fat, unlike Heidi who has a high metabolism. Surprisingly, I thought of them on completley seperate occasions and for different reasons. I put them in the same universe due to their similarities, obviously they'd make good friends, right? I'll give her history another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment