Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mental Covers: Iron Man Vs. The Metal.



The metallic Titans of music clash, The Iron Man, who has travelled through time to warn us of the apocolypse, only to bring it himself, faces The Metal, the unstoppable force that doth slay all other genres of music, and The Superpowered Psychopath is caught in the middle! Dundundun!

I originally planned out the Captain Mental series very badly. Story archs lasted for tens of issues and moved insanley slow. One much idea was to have the world come under siege by The Iron Man, in reference to the Black Sabbath song. Thinking that this might get me in legal trouble, I decided that I'd have a better chance of using Tenacious D's The Metal. I have given up both ideas. However, I am using a character called Tin Man, so there you go.

I also remember this one guy who posted a comment on a Youtube Iron Man video, telling everyone they were idiots for thinking the song was made for the movie. Ironically, he believed it was made for the comics. After informing him/her of this, I was called a f*ckhead because he heard an interview that said he was right. Let me let you know that this video we were commenting on had the lyrics. Here's how I know we are talkig about a different Iron Man.

Comics: A drunken billionaire with a heart condition who fights for the country in a high tech suit of armour after being kidnapped during a war.

Song: A man turned to metal because of exposure to the magnetic field during time travel who is ignored by the present when he tries to warn them of destruction, which he proceeds to deliver.

Actually, now that I think about it, there is something similar about them besides their names. Both have a metal gimmick. That's where it ends.

1 comment:

  1. I still say that is a match up I would love to see, unfortunately it'll never happen. Oh and that guy on the comments is an idiot, his views are bad and he should feel bad.

    ReplyDelete