Friday, March 12, 2010

Crowning Moment of Awesome: Doom (2005)


Ah Doom The Movie, what a piece of crap you turned out to be. I guess I should've realised that when me and my mother were the only ones in the theatre. It was well made in some parts, and admittedly I look back on this film when I think about The Rock's more recent films. Yes, both Doom and Tooth Fairy was terrible, but at least here he shot people. So, what could possibly constitute a CMoA for such a stupid movie? The Firsy Person sequence.

The film didn't really have much to do with the games. Okay that's a big fat lie. But with a game with less plot than Kevin Federline has talent, I've gotta say it's a weird situation. They're on a base on Mars. Fighting monsters. That's the story. I will give it props for giving us a Doomguy who wasn't The Rock, which is what I'd have expected. But the film's best point is the First Person Sequence, when Grimm (The Doomguy) awakens after being injected with a super soldier serum and the place is being overrun by monsters. He goes on a pretty cool rampage against the zombies and monsters surrounding him, making the entire film worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhD3847ANR0

Enjoy. Lord knows I can't say the same about the rest of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment