Sunday, October 31, 2010

Power Rangers Survey 4: Favorite Male Ranger.


Billy. Not the best Ranger in the world, and definately not the most badass, but I identified with Billy more than any of the other Rangers. Mainly because he was a geek. I was never as smart as him, but Billy was the closest thing I had to a counterpart on the show.

If I had to pic a second I would probably go to Jason, but thinking about it, I'm gonna go with Tommy because as the Green Ranger he had a subtle impact on me. In Mighty Morphin' the Rangers lineup was Red, Blue, Pink, Yellow and Black, but in the wide majority of the others Black is instead Green, and no matter how many times I see it, I will always think this is weird because I instantly think back to the Green Ranger pwning all the other Rangers. Admittedly he wasn't evil for long, but my cousin had the Green With Evil saga on VHS, so we watched it a lot. And he was a Dragon! When you're a kid dealing with giant robot dinosaurs, a giant robot dragon is the only way that could possibly be cooler.
But ultimately, Tommy just dosn't hold a place in my fandom like long running Ranger Billy.

And also, my favorite color was blue at the time.

2 comments:

  1. Billy is just awesome, and frankly I don't think anyone's as smart as Billy some of his inventions were just ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine people literally cheering if he made an appearance in an upcoming season. Unlikely, but I just like that image.

    ReplyDelete