Monday, May 31, 2010

Mental Cover: Date with an Ogress.


As a favor, Mental accompanies his friend Miya to her high school formal. Of course since one dosn't go around telling everyone at a party somthing like this, her ex-boyfriends mistake this fr an actual date, and seeing how they are actually mythological creatures, things are not likley to end in a polite manner.

This would be Miya, the second Big Eater character that I have which is female. Funny story really, how it all came about. While Heidi was created for Hyper-Force as my characters CGI girlfriend and another excuse for jokes, Miya came around when I was playing the Sims 2 and was using it to make a comic on the website entitled Professor When. I will admit to you right now that it wasn't very good, but apparently I did it well enough for at least a few people enjoyed it, particulerly my friend Ray who even started writing some fan fiction about it, which instantly made her one of the coolest people I have ever met...not met...been aware of? (How ironic it is that what I read of it was intensley better than anything I've ever written in my life.) Anyway, since Sims 2 couldn't make your sims actually fat, and I was planning ahead for the far future of the comic (I tend to do that) and decided that a future companion of the Professor, who would be included when the series made the jump to Sims 3 (I was ambitious) would take full advantage of the fact that they could be fat. Thus Miya was born.
Her character would mostly be a complete departure of the usual companion type, also being somewhat of a danger herself (Ogres are considered monsters after all) and gradually develope into a downright intelligent state. Of course this never came about because the comic only lasted about 7 or so issues. Good Times.

I liked the character so I decided to bring her back as a character in a strip that starred me and Ray (badly drawn hilarity was to ensue). The character was completley refined, mainly because the original was going to start out more animalistic and I decided I wasn't going to draw 'that' frame in a grass dress on a regular basis (not that people who wear grass dresses are animals, sorry) and she was also a much likable character. I eventually decided she's make the transition from there to the Mental universe.

That's when things got a bit strange. Originally Mia was an actual Ogress, though the comic would have an alien type explanation, but when I put her into the Mental universe which features neither magic nor aliens I made her a mutant, which makes this cover completley false. I've also made her into a teenager and have taken down her grossness by about 89%.

But never mind any of that, I bet you didn't realise that Troll looking creature is based on that thing that appears towards the beginning of Hellboy 2! And on that note, I bet you didn't realise that in the 'prologue' Hellboy was played by a girl! Beya didn't know that!

2 comments:

  1. I knew neither of those things. Usual companion type being unable to take care of them selves? I think Ace, Rose, Donna, Amy, Barbara, Ian, Jamie, Romana, and Sarah Jane would like a word with you, and that's just off the top of my head I'm sure there were more.

    ReplyDelete