Monday, May 10, 2010

Crowning Moment of Awesome: Adelaide Comic Centre.

I heard about this a while ago, but only found out the details recently.

I regularly attend the Adelaide Comic Centre. It's a great place, it's pretty easy to find what you want, the staff are friendly, and it's just set up really well.

As part of an Open Day promotion, the staff were dressed in superhero suits. One of the owners, Michael Baulderstone was dressed as Spider-Man. You can tell they're enthusiastic about the whole thing, since he was jumping around the store making the sound of web shooting. I salute you, my geeky superior. But here's the weird bit. He happened to see someone trying to sneak off with an expensive X-Men collection, and, without even removing his mask, he walked over and asked him to return it.

That.

Is.

AWESOME!

I heard about this and thought, 'That Guy's seen Kick-Ass too many times,' cos I thought it was actually a guy in a Spider-Man suit maybe going to a party and seeing someone with a stolen thing, but then I went to the website and realised it was actually him. I gotta say, that's pretty damn hilarious. Annoying since all technically I could have been there when it happened, that would've been funny.

I'm gonna bet you anything people came into the store for the following weak just to mention that. Youtube hooooooooo!

Check out the video at their Website (if you live in the area, check out the website in general) here: http://www.dynamicduocomics.net/
Don't worry, his voice is much more understandable in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment