Friday, September 3, 2010

Sideburns Speculates: Deadpool.


Yes, I'm back and I'm happy to say that Work Experience was very enjoyable. The people at the Adelaide Comic Centre are friendly, the work wasn't too hard, and I got a few free comics :D

So, now I've decided to give a few thoughts on a theory about Deadpool that popped into my head just the other day while waiting for the train.

I haven't read the earlier Deadpool issues, so this whole concept may very well fall flat on its head, and I apologise for that. If understand correctly, Deadpool used to have an arch-nemesis named T-Ray, who claimed to be the REAL Wade Wilson, whom Deadpool had stolen the identity of. After the storyline, it was still unclear if he was lying or not. This being Deadpool, it is usually accepted as canon that it depends on whoever is writing the book at the time.

Something that bothers me is Deadpool's Wolverine Publicity. Wolverine Publicity is when a character is freakishly overexposed to the media because they are popular, named after Wolverine who was intensely popular in the 90's, and even now. I actually rather like most of whats being churned out by Marvel regarding Deadpool, but I'm not here to discuss my feelings on that particuler subject. What I'm here to talk about is that Deadpool is in several different series at the same time, and its all treated as if it is in-canon.

The current Deadpool series has seen the Merc With A Mouth cause havoc in his quest to become a hero, meeting up with old friends, making a LOT of new enemies, and making everyones lives miserable to some degree (even his own ). So it just comes to some confusion that he is also in Deadpool Corps with several of his Alternate Universe clones trekking about the univserse, and that's after previously being stranded on an island full of dinosaurs and a universe full of zombies.

So I suddenly came to this conclusion out of nowhere, "T-Ray is also Deadpool!"

I don't know T-Ray's abilities (nor anything beyond the identity stuff), but lets just say after he stopped appearing (assuming he didn't die), he somehow gained Deadpool's healing factor and went a bit mad (madder?), coming to the conclusion that only Wade Wilson could be Deadpool, and to prove that, got his hands on the outfit and dubbed himself Deadpool. This would explain how he can be in two books in the same universe a time.

But then again, my extreme lack of knowledge regarding T-Ray, probably throws this out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment