Saturday, July 24, 2010

Awesome Covers: Lady Deadpool.



Technically this cover is nothing special, but I can't help but like it. It's very well drawn, and depicts the alternate universe counter part to one of my favorite superheroes of all time, Deadpool. She's happily munching away on some pizza while dead bodies are strewn around her in all directions. That is awesome. For this I have to say simplicity is what makes the cover, and it makes it awesome. Besides, Lady Deadpool also opens up the oppertunity for fanservice. Admittedly she is horrifically scarred and zombie-like, but usually the artist is nice enough to reduce it to some cuts.

However this all comes at a price. Covers are there to grab you and drag you in so that you will buy the book. In this case, that is a mistake. I actually felt like I wasted my time reading it. The only reason to buy it is if your a hardcore Pool'Fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment